"The body shuts down when it has too much to bear: it goes its own way quietly inside, waiting for a better time, leaving you numb and half alive."
Sylvia Plath (via littlefoxpaws)
I don’t like when I start overly identifying with Plath.
(Source: crashcouture, via thelittlemermaid)
"I want to be important. By being different. And these girls are all the same."
- Sylvia Plath (via wastedrita)
"How we need another soul to cling to, another body to keep us warm. To rest and trust; to give your soul in confidence: I need this, I need someone to pour myself into."
- Sylvia Plath (via caitlaaan)
"I am jealous of those who think more deeply, who write better, who draw better, who look better, who live better, who love better than I."
- Sylvia Plath (via selfinspiration)
"I want to be able to sleep in an open field, to travel west, to walk freely at night."
- Sylvia Plath (via quote-book)
"If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I’m neurotic as hell. I’ll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."
Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar (via selfinspiration)
Oh, Sylvia, how well you know me. It’s quite scary.
Anonymous asked: what are your all time favorite books and for what reason(s) are they your favorites? I'm looking for a good book to read! thank you
Tough question! I have a few:
- Perks of Being a Wallflower. I read this last year and it was a quick read, had some depth, and was very nostalgic for me/the way I felt in high school and college.
- The Bell Jar. This one is another one that I think was so great because of how I was feeling at the time in my life (I was in a weird funk/depression). Sylvia Plath was a talented writer and I related a lot to the main character leading up to the climax of the book (then our paths differed, fortunately).
- Divergent (by Veronica Roth). It’s a YA dystopian book, and I read it in about 24 hours over winter break. It’s well written, gripping, and a super quick read. It’s the first in a series, and I haven’t been able to read the next one yet because it just came out, but I will get it soon.
- Flowers for Algernon. Just a really interesting read.
- anything by Dan Brown. They’re very addicting.
I hope that helps!