- (via disimba)
- Sylvia Plath (via rainydaysandblankets)
- Lily Pulitzer (1931-2013)
Some good, happy thoughts for your Friday morning, courtesy of Thought Catalog. Here are my favorites (click through the title for the full list).
1. Draw a long, hot bath (even if this means waiting until you go back to your parents’ house for a visit where there is an actual bathtub), light a bunch of candles, get a glass of chilled white wine and a book. Enjoy that for as long as it continues to feel amazing, or at least your fingers don’t get too pruny.
3. Get fresh-cut flowers every once in a while.
4. Whenever the weather is nice outside, make an effort to spend sometime in the sun — even if it’s only by an open window — and just look around for a while, enjoying how beautiful and fresh everything looks.
5. Go to a pet store and/or rescue shelter and say hello to all of the adorable animals you won’t be able to take home today are. You can also say hello to the fish, and possibly take one of them home.
6. Read a book from your childhood that you used to love, and remember all of the things about it that made you first fall in love with reading. Highlight your favorite parts, and maybe even make some of the quotes into art for your walls.
13. Walk around a food market for an afternoon just taking everything in, buying one or two things if the mood strikes you but mostly focused on learning more about where your food comes from.
16. Listen to a musical soundtrack and sing along with every song at top volume.
- Socrates (via theriverjordyn)
- Carolyn Crane (via hellanne)
- William Lyon Phelps (via souls-entwined)
- Arthur D. Saftlas (via rainydaysandblankets)
- The Meaning of Marriage
By Tim Keller (via rainydaysandblankets)