50 Book Challenge
One of my resolutions was to complete a 50 (non-academic) book challenge in 2012. As of November 1st, I have decided to make this a 30 book challenge since I’m not going to get to 50 (life got in the way). That said, I want to do at least as well as I did last year, so I will get to 30.
Here is my list, [rating], and date finished:
- After Dark by Haruki Murakami [7/10]. 1/3/2012.
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot [8/10]. 1/15/2012.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth [9/10]. 1/27/2012.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins [8/10]. 2/10/2012.
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green [6/10]. 2/12/2012.
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins [6/10]. 2/21/2012.
- Woman in Black by Susan Hill [5/10]. 2/26/2012.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett [8/10]. 4/3/2012
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald [4/10]. 5/4/2012.
- An American Childhood by Annie Dillard [6/10]. 6/6/2012.
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth [8/10]. 6/12/2012.
- 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James [1/10]. 6/19/2012.
- Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson [4/10]. 7/28/2012.
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls [9/10]. 8/1/2012.
- The Defining Decade by Meg Jay [8/10]. 8/4/2012.
- Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo [8/10]. 8/4/2012.
- Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan [7.5/10]. 8/23/2012.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern [9/10]. 8/29/2012.
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury [2/10]. 10/20/2012.
- A Short History of the World by Christopher Lascelles [6/10]. 11/15/2012.
- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides [7.5/10]. 11/23/2012.
- Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell. [1/10]. 12/13/2012.
= 22/50 Complete…oops.
Books that are “on deck”: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Zeitoun, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Bell Jar (reread), Perks of Being a Wallflower (reread), The Sun Also Rises, Pride & Prejudice, The Book Thief, Little Bee, I Was a Dancer
Books I tried to read and couldn’t get through: The Marriage Plot, Maine, Casual Vacancy
Books that are “on hold”/I’m partway through and needed a break: On the Road
I am open to suggestions, so feel free to send me a message and share your favorite books!
And if anyone is curious what I read in 2011, here is the list.